[TRNSYS-users] Error compiling a source code

Misbaudeen Adesanya misbauadesanya at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 22:53:59 PDT 2023

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am trying to compile a user-written component (Type 1294) I got from
someone using a later TRNSYS version. However, I got this error while
trying to compile in the fortran environment of TRNSYS 18, "End expression
in Do loop at (1) must be integer". I tried to do some findings on the
internet and found that the fortran standard now requires that a Do
construct's loop control is given by (scalar) integer expressions (I am not
entirely sure of this nor do I completely understand the meaning).

Type 1294 is based on Type 539 source code from TESS (as written in the
fortran code). For code comparison, I looked up for Type 539 and observed
that Type 539 exist in TESS 17 folder  on my PC and maybe replaced with
another component in TESS 18 that I could not identified.

1. Which is the new component replaced with Type 539 in the latest TESS
library?
2. What is the work around in TRNSYS 18 to compile a source code created in
TRNSYS 17 or later version?
3. If I am able to achieve (2) and successfully generate a dll for Type
1294, do I still need to create a proforma for Type 1294? How do I give it
a bitmap image in order for it to appear in the Direct Access Toolbar?

I am sorry for my long text. I hope someone reply me soon.

Thank you.
--
Misbaudeen Aderemi Adesanya
Department of Agricultural Civil Engineering