[TRNSYS-users] Evaporation tank with resistances

Pablo Calleja pablocallejacayonarchivos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 05:05:06 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

I am trying to develop a code por a new Type that simulates a tank conected
to a freshwater source, with three electric resistances inside of it in
order to produce steam.

It's operation follows this path:
- By pushing a button, the tank is switched on, letting water inside the
tank.
- When the water reaches the minimum level of the tank (there's a sensor
that sends a signal to the machinery opperating the system), the three
resistances switch on.
- There is another sensor that sends another signal when the water level
reaches the maximum capacity of the tank. When this sensor detects liquid,
the inlet flow is shut down.
- When the water level goes down lower than the minimum capacity, the inlet
flow is switched on again.
- There is also a thermometre that measures the temperature inside the
tank. If that temperature is lower than the maximum temperature, the
resistances are switched on. Once we reach maximum temperature, they are
switched off, until the minimum temperature is reached and the resistances
are switched on again.

My main question is: *since the water level is measured by sensors, how can
I write down the commands that allow the resistances and inlet flow
switching on and off? *There will be calculations inside, but the main
problem I face is this lack of knowledge for incorporating sensor's coding
inside this new Type and if this signals should be an input with a proper
dimmension.

Thanks in advance for your time, hopefully somebody can help me with this
issue.

Kind Regards,

Pablo Calleja