[TRNSYS-users] Double axis tracking for Type1288

Hadi Tannous (Doctoral Researcher) Hadi.Tannous at brunel.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 03:03:55 PDT 2023

Hi,

I am simulating a novel solar Fresnel collector that has double axis tracking features. I am using for that the linear Fresnel (type 1288). I am trying to find a way to enable double tracking for this type. Is it possible to consider single tracking or double tracking for this type?
One of the solutions I tried is setting the collectors azimuth equal to 90 degrees plus the sun's azimuthal angle and it seems to improve the performance.
Any thoughts will be really helpful

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Hadi Tannous
Doctoral Researcher
E hadi.tannous at brunel.ac.uk<mailto:hadi.tannous at brunel.ac.uk>
T +44(0) 7943 242530
Brunel University London
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, United Kingdom
T +44(0)1895 274000
www.brunel.ac.uk<http://www.brunel.ac.uk/>