[TRNSYS-users] Set air flow rate of an air-air heat pump for residential both heating and cooling system

Jacopo Valente jacopovalente at LIVE.IT
Thu May 12 06:46:23 PDT 2022

Dear users,

I have to set the air flow rate of the heat pump. The pump works all year in both heating and cooling modes. I calculate the flow rate from the maximum hourly load that I have in my load profile, but having two different max values for heating and cooling i have two different air flow rate. So I would like to set the air flow rate to change when the system switches from heating to cooling.
I think to use type Equa to link the 2 flow retes with a proportional factor and to regulate the heat pump by the thermostat fan control signal. My issue is how to do this in the right way.
In my simulation i’m using the following types:

  *   954 (heat pump),
  *   166 (or 108 – thermostat),
  *   960 (conversion building loads to zone temperature)

Thanks for the support.

Best regards,

Jacopo