[TRNSYS-users] Problem with alkaline water electrolyzer, Type 160

Moritz Gramiller ee19m003 at technikum-wien.at
Mon Mar 14 00:37:14 PDT 2022

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: flowchart.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
-------------- next part --------------
Hello,

I am using the alkaline water electrolyzer, Type 160, with the following
specifications:

- electrolyzer current (calculated from the difference of production and
demand of my PV-System, if positive):
abs(Power_W)/abs((gt(V_EL,0.5)*(V_EL))+((1-gt(V_EL,0.5))*1))
- cooling water inlet temperature (temperature of my heat grid, range from
-7°C to 48 °C)
- cooling water inlet flow rate (from pump, Type 110, 50 kg/h)

The problem is that the electrolyzer generates too much heat (output heat
generated + heat of cooling water outlet temperature), the thermal flosses
are not in balance.
Please see the attached flowchart (Energy in MWh)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards
Moritz, MSc. Student in renewable energy systems.