[TRNSYS-users] Question regarding TRNSYS Message 504

Paris Pasqualin PXP057 at student.bham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 10:40:41 PDT 2022

Dead All,

I installed TRNSYS18 to another computer and copy-pasted the files (I changed the path names from the special cards of the components). When I run my model, I get an error saying:
"TRNSYS Message 504 : Unable to read data from an external file that has been ASSIGNed in the TRNSYS input file. Please check the location and contents of this file and make sure it is not open in another application" (I also attach a photo).
Usually when I get an error it says which unit gave the error, but now it says zero next to the error. Under the message it says logical Unit #61, but I don't see a unit 61 in settings->component order. Is there a way to fix this error?

Best regards,
Paris