[TRNSYS-users] CAV_Heating mode

Ali Shahrouzian ALISHAHROUZIAN at cmail.carleton.ca
Sat Mar 26 16:17:29 PDT 2022

Dear all users,

Hi,

I am simulating a CAV HVAC system in a residential building to meet only space heating demand. Type 56 was used to model the heating loads of the study building. The building includes 2 thermal zones, each zone has an individual thermostat with the a setpoint temperature (the setpoints are the same).  Furthermore, I used Type 151 to model the CAV system and put the maximum cooling supply air temperature to high value (35 C in this case) as input. Volumetric flow rates were set to a specific value for each zone to meet peak heating loads in that zone. As you know While maintaining constant airflow, CAV systems change the supply air temperature in response to the space load. My simulation, however, maintains a constant supply air temperature as the space load changes. I would like to know how to decrease the supply air temperature when space heating load is lower than the peak heating load. One more thing, Would it be reasonable to put a thermostat in each zone when simulating a CAV system?

I would appreciate it if anyone can assist me in this matter.

Best Regards,
Ali