[TRNSYS-users] trnsys3d-Virtualsurface

Huijie Pu huijiepu at 163.com
Sat Mar 19 02:16:56 PDT 2022

Hello!

     In Trnsys3d tutorial, there is Virtual definition that thermal stratification is normally modelled with a stack of several zones.  To model this, example an atrium, assign the construction as ‘VirtualSurface’.
   Then I built a 3d building model of a large space, similar to the atrium model. I set the adjacent contructions as Virtualsurface, in TRNBuild, this Virtualsurface is indeed deleted, but this building is composed of several zones, at the same time each zone has a airnode. But I have a question. In practice, a building like the atrium should belong to an thermal zone. That is to say, in TRNBuild, why does this building not belong to an zone and the zone contains several airnodes?

kind regards,

Pu