[TRNSYS-users] link between energy-plus and TRNSYS

Widl Edmund Edmund.Widl at ait.ac.at
Fri Jan 14 00:05:55 PST 2022

For TRNSYS 17 you could use the “TRNSYS FMU Export Utility”, a stand-alone tool for exporting FMUs for Co-Simulation from TRNSYS models. It is available via https://sourceforge.net/projects/trnsys-fmu/.

Instructions on installation and usage are given in the documentation, which is provided as part of the download. This documentation also contains a tutorial on how to export a TRNSYS model as FMU for co-simulation and how to link it with a simple controller implemented in Modelica. A similar approach could be used to couple it with E+.

Best regards,
Edmund