[TRNSYS-users] TRNbuild not generating shading/insolation matrix

Toni Calabrese toni.calabrese at ost.ch
Fri Feb 11 08:21:00 PST 2022

Hi,
normally this problem can happens for two reasons:

1.      For one wall there are some windows that are too close one with another and this could cause the problem;

2.      The border of some window could be too close to the border of the wall in which the window is defined (I would suggest to leave at least 2 - 5 cm between the frame of the window and the frame of the wall).

3.      Too many windows in a wall could cause this problem sometimes

I could suggest to proceed like that:

1.      Try to check if there are windows that can have the problem described in 1. or 2.;

2.      If you are not able to do it, I would suggest you to proceed step by step. Create a copy of the Trnsys3d model, delete a group of windows that for you could be critical and try to import it again in TrnBuild to create the shading matrix. If the problem remains, delete another group of window until you are able to create the shading matrix --> you will find the windows/group of windows that cause you problems.

I hope you can find the issue with this approach. I had it once and I solved it keeping at least 2-5cm between the window frame and border of wall.

[cid:image005.png at 01D81F6B.BC965480]CAS Kursmodul Energiespeicher (4 Tage) an der OST - Rapperswil:
Alles was Sie zu thermischen, elektrischen, chemischen und mechanischen Energiespeichern wissen müssen:
Do. 12.05. / Fr. 13.05. / Do. 19.05. / Fr. 20.05.
Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier<https://werz.hsr.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/werz.hsr.ch/2_weiterbilden/3_Weiterbildungsmodule/LE4_9_Energie_und_Ressourceneffizienz.pdf>; zur Anmeldung geht es hier<https://www.ost.ch/fileadmin/dateiliste/2_weiterbildung/produkte/energie_und_umwelt/allgemeine_dateien/anmeldung.pdf>

Toni Calabrese, MSc.
Wissenschaftlicher Projektleiter
toni.calabrese at spf.ch<mailto:toni.calabrese at spf.ch> | toni.calabrese at ost.ch<mailto:toni.calabrese at ost.ch>

T +41 58 257 4827