[TRNSYS-users] Penetration depth for Type 56 Moisture Capacitance Humidity model

KEILHOLZ Werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Thu Dec 8 23:51:25 PST 2022

Dear all,
Type 56 proposes the Moisture Capacitance Humidity model (the advanced buffer storage humidity model using 6 parameters in TRNBuild).
To configure this model, the penetration depth is required to compute the mass of the buffer, so the BSURF parameter can be determined.
Following a request by a user, I realize that this model is not widely used (including by the TRNSYS team) and the humidity penetration depth difficult to obtain even for common materials such as concrete.
We would appreciate any pointers to literature or measurement data providing these values.
Thanks,
Werner Keilholz