[TRNSYS-users] Clarifications regarding the modified DST model (Type 548)

Misbaudeen Adesanya misbauadesanya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:46:19 PST 2022

Dear TRNSYS users,

Are the four strings (3,3,2, and 2 boreholes per string) in parallel in the
example "Restaurant with Vertical GHX"?. If they are in parallel, the
influence of the neighbouring strings are not defined in Type 534. I think
it is only the influence of boreholes in a string that are defined using
the radial region parameter. If this example is only for four independent
strings, where each string does not have influence on the neighbouring
parallel strings, is there any parameter in Type 548 that accounts for the
influence of parallel neighbouring strings.

Maybe, my understanding about this new Type and the previous one (Type 557)
is not clear yet. Please I need clarifications on using Type 548 to model
152 boreholes (112 at the center and 40 at the edge). The center boreholes
are plumbed into 4 sections of 7 parallel circuits, each with a string of 4
boreholes, while the edge boreholes are plumbed into 4 sections of 2
parallel circuits, each with a string of 5 boreholes. The center and edge
boreholes have different input.

Thank you.

Regards,
Misbah