[TRNSYS-users] Error with type48d battery voltage input

dimitris soukoulis saintdimi at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 05:26:18 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I am trying to simulate a PV system with battery storage but I cant seem to make It work. I am using type103a PV array, type 48d inverter/regulator and type47d battery. I have tried many modifications and sizes of the PV and battery, but I keep getting the following error from the inverter component:

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.500000
    Generated by Unit     :    14
    Generated by Type     :    48
    TRNSYS Message    126 : The referenced Unit has a bad input value.
    Reported information  : Input # 4, Reported Problem: The battery voltage must be positive and non-zero.

I have connected the battery’s “total voltage” output to the “Battery Voltage” input of the regulator/inverter (input # 4). The default value of Input # 4 is set to 0, so I tried initializing it with other positive values, but when I do that I get  a message for “Invalid floating point operation “ and  an “unexpected error” which will make the TRNSYS to abort.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Kind regards,
Jim Soukoulis
NTUA