[TRNSYS-users] Zeroing inside and outside longwave radiation of window surfaces

Oselen Imafidon josephoselen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 06:21:41 PDT 2021

Hello,

To zero the inside longwave radiation of the window I used the simple model longwave radiation exchange within a zone.

To zero outside longwave radiation of the window, I modified both the window frame emissivity to zero and the front emissivity of the first window glazing in the building input description file (BIU) to zero.

I used hand calculation to verify the simulation results using the following equations for heat fluxes to the outside and inside surface and the results were same. Q_(COMO_S8 )=  h_outdoor×Area×(T_amb-T_(SO_S8 ) ),   Q_(COMI_S8 )=  h_indoor×Area×(T_(SO_S8 )  – T_indoor ) . The result shows inside and outside longwave radiation of window surfaces are zeroed.

Is this the right way of zeroing  inside and outside longwave radiation of window surfaces?

Thank you.

Regards,
Oselen I

Sent from Mail for Windows