[TRNSYS-users] air flow between adjacent zones

Huijie Pu huijiepu at 163.com
Mon Nov 8 23:04:39 PST 2021

Hello,

      I am using TRNSYS to simulate a zonal model, that is, a large space is divided into five subzones. You know, in practice, there is no physical partition between adjacent areas. In the manual of TRNSYS, I don't see the relevant description of the zonal model, but in the relevant literature on implementing the zonal model with TRNSYS, it is pointed out that there is a virtual wall between the two adjacent thermal zones of TRNSYS, that is, the air in the two adjacent zones is not circulating, and the air flow in the adjacent zones needs to be realized with air flow software such as contam or comis, So as to truly reflect the large circulation of air flow in the actual large space. I don't know if this is correct, so I want to ask you.

kind regards,
Pu