[TRNSYS-users] shortwave radiation incident on a vertical external surface - IBSHAD & IDSHAD

K.R. Gunawardena krag2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 3 04:32:43 PDT 2021

Hi,

Would anyone be able to confirm whether I am interpreting the following correctly.

I want to ascertain the direct and indirect shortwave radiation incident on a vertical external surface; would adding IBSHAD (NTYPE 103) + IDSHAD (NTYPE 103) output give the correct result?

Also the manual states that these NTYPES outputs "incl. shading", does this mean that it removes the shading obstruction from other adjacent geometry? Would the above types include multiple reflections?

Many thanks in advance!

Kan