[TRNSYS-users] TYPE 927

Luis Santos luisfilipebsantos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:10:36 PDT 2021

Hello,

I´m new to the software TRNSYS and I´m still confused about how many and
which components do I need for my simulations.
The site is located in Cork (Ireland) and its present heating system relies
on a gas-fired boiler. For my master thesis I need to simulate the
performance of the boiler itself, a geothermal heat pump (both connected to
radiators) and at last the GSHP connected to a theoretical underfloor
heating. I don´t have any informations about the piping system nor the
circulating pumps, and I´m wondering if I need a storage tank. A central
heating (church) needs a tank, or can the water be transferred directly to
the radiators?
I want to use a water-to-water heat pump (geothermal/vertical) to heat a
church with radiators. Since the climate doesn´t require any cooling, the
heat pump should only be applied for heating purposes. After one chooses a
heat pump of a certain manufacturer, do we need to insert the values
manually in the external files? I´ve seen examples where there are more
than 500 lines in Excel, is there an easier way to do this?

I´m sorry for the long and complicated text. Thank you in advance

Luís
Master in Thermal Energy
FEUP