[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS v18: Type 169 does not run

María Herrando mherrando at unizar.es
Tue Mar 23 12:23:58 PDT 2021

Hi again everyone,

I am encountering another error that I believe other users have already
experienced, but I think I have done everything that was previously
suggested and I keep having the same error...

Now, I am trying to use Type 169 “Direct call to Python”. I am running
an x64 system with Windows 10, and TRNSYS18-64bit. I installed Python
3.9 64bits, and also Anaconda3 with Python 3.8.5.

I encounter the following error: “/A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input
file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an
external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link
the TYPE or remove it from the input file.” “Reported information:
Type169 could not be located in either the trndll.dll or in an external
dll. Please relink theTRNDll.dll including this Type or make sure that
an external DLL in the \UserLib\DebugDLLs and \UserLib\ReleaseDLLs
folders contain the Type/.”

I have Python, Anaconda and TRNSYS installed directly in C:\ (not inside
Program files). I checked and I have Python3 in the path
“C:\Python39\Scripts\;C:\Python39\”.

I also checked and I have “Type169.dll”, in
“C:\TRNSYS18\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs” and “Type169debug.dll” in
“C:\TRNSYS18\UserLib\DebugDLLs”. I am not sure if the problem is that,
in these folders, the other files have “_64.dll” at the end, while this
is not the case for “Type169.dll”.

In addition, in the folder “C:\TRNSYS18\SourceCode\Types”, the file for
this Type is “Type169.cpp” instead of the extension “.f90” as for other
cases…

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,