[TRNSYS-users] How to change minimum allowed value for TYPE 560?

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Jun 4 07:19:04 PDT 2021

By definition the heat transfer coefficient must always be greater than or equal to zero.  Otherwise you’ll move heat from colder surfaces to warmer surfaces:

Qloss = UA*(T-Tenv)

If T is greater than the environment temperature then heat will be transferred away from your surface and T will get cooler.  If T is cooler than the environment temperature then heat transfer from the surface will be negative and your surface will get warmer.  The model takes into account the direction of heat transfer based on the temperatures.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone