[TRNSYS-users] Radiator modeling- Type 1231

Pouyan Talebizadehsardari (Staff) Pouyan.Talebizadehsardari at brunel.ac.uk
Wed Jul 14 06:15:25 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I hope all are well. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me with the following questions:

I am using a radiator (Type 1231) for each room to warm up a building (Type 56). First, I determined the maximum loss for this building by choosing a heating setpoint. Then, I chose the maximum heat loss for each room as the design capacity of the radiator. Does anyone know if I do it correct?

I chose 55C for the design surface temperature of the radiator. My boiler works at the temperature of 60C. What about the design air temperature? As I know, these values are selected based on the manufacturer and it is usually 50C less than the mean temperature of the radiator. So, I consider it the predefined value of 10C.  Am I correct?

Also, for the number of pipes,  as I understand, it is related to correct the heat transfer to the room and a higher number of pipes results in a lower heat transferred to the room. Does anyone know if it is exactly equal to the number of water channels insider the radiator? If yes, so, It should be related to the length of the radiator and so a higher number should be selected for a radiator with a higher capacity.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Pouyan

Pouyan Talebizadeh Sardari, BSc MSc PhD AFHEA
Centre for Sustainable Energy Use in Food Chains,
Institute of Energy Futures,
Brunel University London,
Kingston Lane, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, UK
Email: pouyan.talebizadehsardari at brunel.ac.uk<mailto:pouyan.talebizadehsardari at brunel.ac.uk>