[TRNSYS-users] New Type development with very high number of parameters

George Kyriakarakos gk at aua.gr
Mon Jul 12 05:44:12 PDT 2021

Hi to all!

I am trying to develop a new type in TRNSYS. I have done this multiple times
in the past successfully but this time I have 512 parameters to pass in the
type (essentially an array of 16 lines x 32 columns). This data is
calculated externally in MS Excel prior to running any simulation in TRNSYS.

One approach I have thought about is to make all data in two columns in
excel, use that file as an external file to the new type and during "Start
Time" Manipulations to read the data and store them in the array I
ultimately want to be accessible in the new type. If it gets in there it is
easy to manipulate the data / include new arrays / etc. I would follow
TYPE90 as a template in accomplishing this. This is not optimal though since
I will have a very long list of data (512 lines) instead of having much less
lines with more columns (this makes it easier to check as well).

Is there any way to read a multi-columned external file? Is there a tutorial
of some sort or a type I could follow as a template to develop this?

Do you maybe have another suggestion on how to implement this?

Thank you in advance,

George

--

Dr. George Kyriakarakos, Agricultural Engineer
PhD, MSc Energy Systems & Renewable Energy Sources
e-mail:  <mailto:gk at aua.gr> gk at aua.gr

Skype: georgekyriak