[TRNSYS-users] Error while running TRNSYS-Genopt

Farah Souayfane farah.souayfane at kaust.edu.sa
Sun Feb 28 07:41:49 PST 2021

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your answer,

The error in the list file is the following :

*** Fatal Error at time   :      5088.000000

    Generated by Unit     :    56
    Generated by Type     :    56
    Message               : Building description file does not exit!
C:\TRNSYS18\Optimization\GenOpt\Simulation\tmp-genopt-run-1\BUILDINGPROJECT1.bld

I think that genopt is unable to access the building file .b18 because in
the folder tmp-genopt-run-1 the size of the building file.b18 is zero Kb. I
tried to change many things in the file location and path but nothing is
working. Also I have tried to copy paste the building file.b18 in the
tmp-genopt-run1 file, the optimization runs one time and the same error is
generated for the next run.

When I open Trnopt I browse the input file.dck of trnsys with full path,
how can I solve the problem of type 56 with Trnopt?

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much and best regards
Farah

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 18:19 Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users, <
trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Farrah,
>
> If I had to guess, I would guess that you have not specified the FULL path
> to all of your external files; including the building file.  But you can
> check the list file that was generated.  It’s located in the
> Optimization/GenOpt/Simulation directory in the sub-directory corresponding
> to the simulation that failed.
>
> Remember that the simulations when you optimize aren’t run in the same
> folder with your project so all files have to point to where the files are
> located like c:/trnsys18/my projects/test project/equipment/performance.dat
>
> Jeff
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 28, 2021, at 3:42 AM, Farah Souayfane via TRNSYS-users <
> trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:
>

> Dear Trnsys Users,
>
> When I run my optimization in TRNopt I always get errors like the below
> photo, did anyone face the same issues. Also in Genopt, I get the following
> errors
>
> Exception in executing the simulation program
>
> Simulation working directory :
> 'C:\TRNSYS18\Optimization\GenOpt\Simulation\tmp-genopt-run-1'
> Command string               : 'C:\TRNSYS18\Exe\TrnEXE64.exe
> "C:\TRNSYS18\Optimization\GenOpt\Simulation\tmp-genopt-run-1\GenoptInputFile.DCK"
> /n /WAIT '
> Exception message:
>
> Error in executing the simulation program
> Exit value of the simulation program: 408
> Working directory                   :
> 'C:\TRNSYS18\Optimization\GenOpt\Simulation\tmp-genopt-run-1'.
> Current command String              : 'C:\TRNSYS18\Exe\TrnEXE64.exe
> "C:\TRNSYS18\Optimization\GenOpt\Simulation\tmp-genopt-run-1\GenoptInputFile.DCK"
> /n /WAIT '.
> Error stream of simulation program  : Simulation program did not return an
> error stream.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thank you and best regards,
> Farah