[TRNSYS-users] HELP_Coldbridges

SUSANA LAGE CAL lagesusana at uniovi.es
Fri Dec 24 11:52:29 PST 2021

Hi, everybody

Happy Season!

I must include the effect of some coldbridges in a building simulation.

According to type 56 and Trnbuild chapter of Trnsys 17 manual, the user must provide data of Thermal Resistance to create a massless CBR-named coldbridged effect layer. Solar Absorptance of Wall, Longwave Emission Coefficient and Convective Heat Transfer Coefficient of Wall must also be included but, since this is a massless layer, would current wall values be OK?

Length and orientation are also to be provided by Trnbuild but, when I reach this point, no input gap is available for the first one: Somehow, length has already been calculated. How could I solve this problem? Did any of you face the same situation?

Last, I would like to know whether a coldbridge produced like this would cover the whole wall surface. In case it was smaller and it would only regard a fraction of the wall, how could I replicate such condition in Trnbuild?

Hope any of you can help me.

Best regards

SUSANA LAGE CAL

Laboratorio de Radiactividad Ambiental

Escuela de Ingeniería de Minas, Energía y Materiales

C./ Independencia 13, 33004, Oviedo

Tel: (+34) 985104311

lagesusana at uniovi.es

Departamento de Energía