[TRNSYS-users] Internal shading device problem in Type 56

Tomas Persson (HDa) tpe at du.se
Wed Dec 8 06:56:48 PST 2021

Dear TRNSYS user

I tried to activate the internal shading device in the window type manager to increase the thermal resistance in a greenhouse model (thermal curtain), but I was not able to detect any influence on the heat loss.

Assuming it would work it seems it can only be activated by solar radiation and not from an input, thus it is not useful anyway to model thermal curtains in greenhouses.

Do you have any suggestion how to model a thermal curtain in a greenhouse that can be activated independently from the solar radiation and reduce both solar radiation and heat losses.

Kind Regards
Tomas Persson

Högskolan Dalarna /Dalarna University
SE-791 88 Falun | Växel/Switchboard: +46 (0)23-77 80 00 | www.du.se<https://www.du.se/>
Avdelningen för energi och byggteknik, (Dept. of Energy and Construction Engineering ITE)
When you send an e-mail to Dalarna University, we will process your personal data.
Learn more about how we process personal data.<https://www.du.se/en/about-du/this-is-dalarna-university/organisation-and-management/office-of-the-vice-chancellor/personal-data-protection/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D7EC48.4B975B90]