[TRNSYS-users] charging and discharging - Type 10

Ali Shahrouzian ALISHAHROUZIAN at cmail.carleton.ca
Mon Aug 30 13:21:38 PDT 2021

Dear TRNSYS users,

Hi,

I am modelling a thermal energy storage system by using the Type 10 as thermal storage. As you know, the Type 10 can be charged by running hot air from the top to the bottom and discharged by running cold air from the bottom to the top of the bed.

In my simulation, I am going to first charge the Type 10 and following which discharge it. To this end, My initial temperature for the bed was 10 and with the aid of a fan, I set an entrance mass flow rate of 100 kg/hr and temperature of 80 degrees Celsius for the bed.
In addition to this, I determine a controller in such way when the average temperature of the bed reaches 70 C (during charging process), it turns off the fan and sets the flow rate in the opposite direction to 100 for discharging process.
However, it appears an error message when the discharging process attempts to begin.

I would appreciate it if anyone could assist me in this case.

Ali