[TRNSYS-users] Shading factors

Manfred Schindler ma0022 at technikum-wien.at
Wed Aug 11 02:41:01 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I use trnsys3D to import to TRNBuild and I have a few shading objects. In
the existing model I just used shading factors from PHPP, only differencing
between summer and winter. Now I want to have more detailed shading factors
and want to use the shading matrix (shm) but as I read in the documentations
I need convex zones for it. Or is it working with concave zones, if I just
use the detailed radiation model for the beam radiation distribution (and
for the diffuse radiation distribution and the longwave radiation exchange
within a zone the standard models)? As far as I can see the geometry of a
zone is indifferent for the shm-File - isn't it?

If it really does not work like that, my idea was to build up the same
3D-Modell but with only fictitious concave zones, so I could get the shading
factors in the shm-file. Is there any type I can use to read the shm-matrix
into my simulation with the concave zones?

Big thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Manfred Schindler