[TRNSYS-users] sript-based tool to automatically create diagrams from plotter output

Walther, Nils nils.walther at htw-dresden.de
Tue Apr 13 23:30:59 PDT 2021

Dear TRNSYS-Users,

for our new research project we are looking for a script-based tool which creates diagrams from TRNSYS plotter output files automatically.

We would be very grateful to be given an example we can customize or develop further.
Of course we will sent you our modifications back in return.

We simulate buildings with about 30-40 zones, each in different variantions at an hourly resolution over one year. Output data is mainly air or operative temperatures of the zones plus cooling/heating energy consumption of the whole building.

We are looking for a tool (best would be python-based) which can automatically create various diagrams for the purpose of efficient data analysis. Desired diagrams are for example floating average temperature, Übertemperaturgradstunden (if ayone of you is german), zone temperature, heatmaps of zone temperature over a year.

Looking forward for your hints and replys, thx

Nils Walther

Dipl.-Ing. (FH)  Nils Walther

- structural design and buliding maintenance-

University onf Applied Sciences Dresden

- Baukonstruktion und Bauwerkserhaltung -
Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden

Friedrich-List-Platz 1

01069 Dresden

mail: nils.walther at htw-dresden.de