[TRNSYS-users] How to ran a deck file when a called type isn't in your SourceCode file

chushunzhou chushunzhou at 163.com
Fri Sep 4 05:18:46 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I met some problem about TYPE 138 (it is a stratified tank model and
explained in a deck file). When I ran the deck file on TRNedit 16, the error
occurred as following:

Fatal Error at time : 0.000000
Generated by Unit : 38
Generated by Type : 138
TRNSYS Message 105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was
either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A
dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it
from the input file
Reported information : Not available

I searched all the types in my computer and there is nothing about type 138,
stratified tank model.

So, Could you please tell me how to solve this problem? Where can I find the
Type 138, Stratified tank model? In TRNSYS 15.0 or earlier version? Type 138
in TRNSYS 18 is a Fluid Heater.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Sam Chu