[TRNSYS-users] New TRNSYS3D compatibility with TRNSYS 17

Yu-Wei Hung hung13 at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 13 19:30:47 PDT 2020

Hello,

I'm a user of TRNSYS 17. I'm currently trying to make SketchUp 2018 and the new TRNSYS3D work for TRNSYS 17. During creating a 3D building Project in TRNSYS 17, an error "no output specified" showed up while TRNBuild transformed idf file to bui file. I guess it is because the new TRNSYS3D and TRNSYS/TRNBuild 17 are not compatible. Had anyone faced a similar issue? Is there a solution for this?
In addition, the templates in TRNSYS3D cannot be open in SketchUp 2018. While I opened SketchUp 2018, a window popped up and asked to choose a template. However, there is none of the templates can be opened. Nothing showed up in SketchUp after I selected any templates. Is there a way to work this out?

Thank you for your help,
Yu-Wei