[TRNSYS-users] Collector slope

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Oct 5 10:29:52 PDT 2020

Normally questions about TRNSYS 16 aren't answered as the version is now
almost 20 years old. But since it still applies to Version 18, I thought
I'd weigh in. First - the slope is typically set in BOTH the weather
component and the solar collector. So if I had to guess I'd say you only
changed one of them. The impact of changing the slope is dependent on
the time of day, time of year, location etc. Over the course of the
year, the greatest incidence of solar radiation occurs when the slope is
set near the latitude on a surface facing the equator. But that is
incidence. The largest amount of solar collection can be impacted by
seasonal inlet water temperatures, shading, cloud patterns, etc.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 10/04/2020 9:46 am, ‪Sara EL HASSANI‬ via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Dear sir
>
> I am using Trnsys 16; however, I want to know the effect of the slope collector on useful energy.
> The problème is that the useful energy gain gets to increase with the increase of the collector slope without decreasing after the optimale value. I want to know why???
> Envoyé depuis mon téléphone Huawei

Links:
------
[1]