[TRNSYS-users] Heating Type Manager (Heating Load is too high)

hotline hotline at Transsolar.com
Wed Nov 25 07:24:44 PST 2020

Hello Asma,

I had a quick look at your .tpf-File and it seems that you are using the Qsens output from the building, converting these in the Equations "Q_sens" and then plotting them, right? The building outputs come in kJ/hr, so in the equation you're only converting them to W, not W/m². I didn't check the project in detail though, so i don't know if that accounts for all of the difference.

I hope this helps, let me know if it is a different problem.

Best,
Christina

________________________________
Von: TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org> im Auftrag von Asma Sohail via TRNSYS-users <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. November 2020 14:15
An: trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org <trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org>
Cc: Asma Sohail <asma.sohail at hotmail.de>
Betreff: [TRNSYS-users] Heating Type Manager (Heating Load is too high)

Hello trnsys-users,

this is Asma from the University of Stuttgart. Right now I'm working at my diploma thesis using TRNSYS and a problem occured we were not able to solve yet. I hope that you might have a solution or an idea how to fix it. In TRNBuild I'm using the Heating Type Manager with unlimited power to heat a room to a  certain temperature (20°C). I'm only using convective heat. But something is not working properly with the simulation. I get a heating load that is far too high for certain rooms. Specifically, it is about interior rooms with a too high heating load. I've already checked all links or sources of error, but haven't found anything that causes an error. My maximum specific heating load should actually be around 40 W / m² (144 kJ / h per m²), but I get around 100 W/m² (360 kJ/h per m²), although the outside temperature does not fall into the minus range. It would be great if you had an idea
how to fix that or if you could identify the problem. Thank you very much in advance!! I attached the files I used in case you have time to have a look at them.

Thanks and kind regards

Asma