[TRNSYS-users] Problem generating Radiance files in TRNSYS 18

Yorgos Spanodimitriou yorgos.spanodimitriou at unicampania.it
Mon Nov 23 06:42:50 PST 2020

Dear TRNsys users,

I would like to incorporate daylight simulations in my TRNSYS 18 model (vers. 18.01.0000) through Radiance, but I’m unable to generate the required files through the trnRAD utility.

The log output is:

trnRAD Version: 1.25

Note: Found daylight sensor ID 5 in Zone GEMINI1
Note: Found daylight sensor ID 6 in Zone GEMINI1
Note: Found daylight sensor ID 7 in Zone GEMINI1
Note: Found daylight sensor ID 8 in Zone GEMINI1

So, it seems to be unable to generate all the files listed in the manual.
I’ve followed all the steps highlighted in the manual, and, for example, I’m able to generate the correct Radiance files for the example trnsys model, but not so for my model.

Could you please give me a hint on where to look for the error?