[TRNSYS-users] Controllers Type 22 / 23 and Internal controls Type 536

José María Roca peperoca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 06:50:37 PST 2020

Hello community, hope you are all safe and sound.

I’m having some issues implementing controls over the pump flow on the parabolic concentrator to keep a stable output temperature.

If I use the Type 22 (iterative feedback controller) which I understand it’s a “perfect” controller (please correct me if i’m wrong) the output temperature and pump flow get crazy moves up and down.

On the other hand if i use the internal control of the Type 536, which sets the flow to keep the output temp, the flow and temp are very steady. However I can’t control what happens to the flow on low irradiance or when the system is loosing energy, so that’s why I want an external controller and what would better resemble a practical example to build such a system.

Any tips on what to look in those controllers to have a steady output?

Thanks!

Best,
José María Roca