[TRNSYS-users] Photovoltaic I-V P-V characteristics curves

Tommaso Orazi tommasorazi at gmail.com
Fri May 22 13:45:32 PDT 2020

Hi,

Is TRNSYS reliable when simulating characteristic curves of solar
panels? (I-V and P-V)

I am trying to simulate the curves for a module at STC conditions but
when I compare them to the the ones on the producer datasheet, they
are way off. Particularly the Voc and Pmax are not as they should be.

For the five parameters model I used the suggested tool PV_REF_PARAMS,
which I don't trust much and seems very unstable, and also tried to
compute myself the parameters.

I followed the provided example for IV curves.

Kind regards

Tommaso