[TRNSYS-users] Floor Heating - Trnsys3D

Hemmatabady, Hoofar hemmatabady at geo.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Mar 21 09:38:54 PDT 2020

Hello,

I am working on a project on heating a house with a heat pump. I designed a Trnsys3D model of the house, which I need to implement a floor heating system on it. After adding an active layer in TRNbuild, got the error "Specific fluid mass flow of active layer in surface  16 below minimum value of 2.96 kg/m2h Please, increase the minimum mass flow rate or use the autosegmentation feature of TRNBuild for subdividing the surface.".

As I have a 3d model, the Autosegmentation is not possible. Therefore, following TRNbuild documentation "For airnodes with 3D geometric information the splitting of surfaces have to be done in Trnsys3D and then manually connected",  I split my floors (in Sketchup) into 20 equal surfaces using parallel lines and imported my 3d model back to TRNbuild.

Here are my questions:

1) How should be the surfaces split in Trnsys3D? Have I used the right approach?
2) How can they be manually connected?  (when the Autosegmentation is done, surfaces are automatically connected in series with automatic inlet temperature and the same inlet flow rate)
3) After splitting the floors, which output shows the overall heat transfer to the zone and which one shows the final outlet fluid temperature?
4) What should be the standard number of fluid loops per square meter?

Best regards
Hoofar Hemmatabady