[TRNSYS-users] NMC Li-ion battery in TRNSYS 18

Audun Bull Kristiansen audun.bull at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:01:31 PDT 2020

I would like to model using NMC Li-ion batteries as energy storage for a off-grid shipping container home with a 5.5 kW PV system. Is it possible to model such batteries in TRNSYS 18 with the standard component library? If not, is there any components for purchase? Up to now I have used Type 47c to model Lead Carbon batteries. I see that Type 47 is described as “Simple Lead Acid Battery” in 04-MathematicalReference, so I suppose this can not be used for Li-ion batteries? I checked some products, like LG Resu<https://www.lgessbattery.com/us/home-battery/product-info.lg>, Varta Pulse<https://www.varta-storage.com/en/produkte/energy/pulse>, Tesla Powerwall<https://www.tesla.com/support/energy/powerwall/documents/documents> and Delta<https://www.deltaww.com/Products/CategoryListT1.aspx?CID=0912&PID=4153&hl=en-US&Name=48V+Lithium-ion+Battery>, but they all have much higher Discharging Cut-off Voltage than the limit in Type 47. I tried to search online and in the 03-ComponentLibraryOverview and 04-MathematicalReference, but I could not find any information about Li-ion batteries.