[TRNSYS-users] Cooling tower type 51b

janeet anand jangun16 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 19:32:02 PDT 2020

Dear users,

I am simulating an absorption chiller with a cooling tower.
1. I have gone through the mathematical models for the type 51b, however
was unable to find data on the mass transfer constant & mass transfer
exponent parameters. Please advise how or where to refer to extract the
data for these parameters. If available, I would appreciate it if you could
share an example project that validates the hand calculations and the
simulation of the type 51b to work with absorption chiller.
2. Regarding the type 107, I have been contacting manufacturers to provide
the part load performance characteristics but none have the data available.
Please advise how we can generate the part load performance of the
absorption chiller as part of the input file to the type 107.

Thank you in advance.
Janeet Anand
MSc. Energy