[TRNSYS-users] Air-Water Heat Pump (Type 941) doesn't converge

Adrian Riebel Brummer adrianriebel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:15:01 PDT 2020

Hello Jeff,

thanks very much for your answer. Maybe I didn't explain myself very well.

The waterflow of the heat pump is zero because the pump which controls the
flow is turned off. The control signals of the heat pump (heating and
cooling control signals) are zero too, so the heat pump should be turned
off and nothing should happen. The problem is, the outlet temperature of
the heat pump is unstable. I think the reason is that the heat pump is not
completely turned off and is trying to solve this equation:

[image: image.png]

Obviously the equation can't be solved because m_dot_liq is zero, but the
heat pump shouldn't be trying to solve it either.

As I said before, the documentation says something about a "Fan Control
Signal" which should be set to zero, in order that the heat pump doesn't
make any calculations. The problem is, I can't find that input when I look
for it in the Simulation Studio.

I hope that I managed to explain myself well (English is not my native
language). I would be very grateful if you can tell me if I'm wrong or what
should I do.

Thanks very much,

Adrian Riebel

Libre