[TRNSYS-users] Solar absorption cooling system model

Danyaal Shakoor (Student) danyaal.shakoor.2019 at uni.strath.ac.uk
Mon Jul 13 08:46:54 PDT 2020

Dear Users,

​I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, however I am an MSc Student at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow and I am conducting a project looking at "the implementation of a hybrid Solar thermal absorption cooling system with domestic hot water, for a hospital in Morocco."

I want to know if the possibility of anyone sharing any TRNSYS model file for a solar absorption cooling system is possible.

I am asking with the recommendation of my supervisor of my project. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the resources and support previously open to me are no longer available. The resources especially online for TRNSYS are very few and not so great at expanding on dealing with more complex systems like the one I plan to do. Therefore, any support received from this group will benefit me hugely, as with a pre-existing model I can have an idea of how systems should connect and how to get them to run.
I have started designing systems but as I am new to the software I am making errors and failing to get outputs and the debugging process in TRNSYS is not so straightforward.
So completed models will allow me great insight to helping me complete my model.
I assure you your work will not be plagiarized and will be used as a reference for understanding.
I have completed all my exams to a high level and I am not a lazy student looking for an easy way out, I am facing some difficulties and challenges and seeking help.

To help put any concerns at ease please feel free to message asking any questions or if you require any further info I'll definitely facilitate. Below are contact details for my supervisor if you'd like to confirm with him.

My supervisor's details are as follows.

Name: Dr Daniel Costola, of the University of Strathclyde.

His email is: daniel.costola at strath.ac.uk

Please feel free to contact him to confirm this request, however he informed me that this week he will be on leave, therefore a reply from him may be delayed.

If you feel comfortable about corresponding further and sharing the files, again I will be incredibly grateful.

I wish you all the best of health during these difficult times.

Kind regards,

Danyaal Shakoor