[TRNSYS-users] TRNEXE stops responding at different simulation times

Adrian Riebel Brummer adrianriebel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:02:34 PDT 2020

Dear TRNSYS users,

I'm having trouble with TRNEXE since I added Air-Water heat pumps to my
simulation (Type 941 from TESSLibs 17).

My problem is that TRNEXE stops responding during the simulation. Every
time I try, it gets stuck at different simulation times. One time it even
reached 10.000 hours of simulation before getting stuck, but most times it
happens before 5.000 hours. The CPU usage is the same when the program is
not responding, but the simulation time doesn't increase anymore. I tried
reducing the Time-Step to 30 seconds because I thought it could be a
convergence problem but the problem persists.

My simulation also uses Type 169 (direct link to Python) but this Type was
already in the Project before I added the heat Pumps and I never had this
problem.

Have you any ideas about what could be wrong? I have TRNSYS18 and
TESSLibs17.

Regards,

Adrian Riebel

Libre