[TRNSYS-users] Natural ventilation in TRNFLOW and HVAC components

Lalonde, Timothé timothe.lalonde.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Tue Jan 21 09:52:26 PST 2020

To whom it may concern,

I am using TRNFLOW to model natural ventilation through some window openings.

However, I also need to include a air heater (Type663). How I would normally do this is by creating a new ventilation regime in TRNBUILD and connecting the air flow rate, temperature and humidity inputs to the outputs of the Type663.

I noticed that the ventilation and infiltration regimes defined in TRNBUILD seems to be ignored when using TRNFLOW. Can somebody confirm this?

If so, how would one proceed to model natural ventilation in TRNFLOW and the air heater?

I would be grateful for any support/confirmation on these issues.

Cordialement / Regards,

Timothé Lalonde
Étudiant à la maîtrise en efficacité énergétique et énergies renouvelables
École de technologie supérieure