[TRNSYS-users] DEGS in hydrogen systems

Amir Hossein Rahmanzadeh amir_rahmanzadeh at mecheng.iust.ac.ir
Sat Feb 29 01:36:10 PST 2020

Hi everyone
I'm trying to simulate a stand alone power system, I went through the example provided by trnsys itself, there is a Diesel engine generator system which as far as I get will be used when the input power is not sufficient to keep the electrolyzer working ( am I right?) but I don't want it to do such a thing, I just want to turn off the whole hydrogen system when the power input is not enough, so I deleted it's component and set the minimum and maximum number of DEGSs to 0 in type 105 controller, but after doing that I faced this issue:

"The fuel cell power is too high, add more DEGS or decrease the FC size."

What I get from this massage is that DEGSs were consuming power and now when they are gone the power through fuel cell is too high.

So what's the role of them after all? How can I delete them and just turn the whole thing off when power is not enough?

Thank you very much for your time and support

Kindest regards

Rahmanzadeh

Mechanical engineering at Iran university of science and technology
Interested in fields of energy consumption, renewable energies , IT & programming.