[TRNSYS-users] trigenerator plant. error 441

Valeria Badalamenti valeriab.23 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 05:43:29 PST 2020

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I recently started using TRNSYS and I have a problem with the controls

When I tried to calculate my model, I received this message:

*“TRNSYS Message 441 : The inputs to the listed units have not converged  >
at this timestep. The values at the last iteration will be used and  the
simulation will proceed.”*

I'm modeling a trigenerator (I attach the project screenshot).

The hot water, coming from the exchange with the jacket and Exhaust of the
cogenerator, before entering the absorber, exchanges heat with steam to
reach the desired temperature of 90 °C.

Upon leaving the absorber, the hot water returns to the first exchanger by
closing the cycle (magenta line in the image).

The steam is supplied externally and the steam flow rate varies according
to the outlet hot water temperature to ensure that this is always constant
at the outlet.

To keep the temperature constant I used Type22 where the input mass flow
rate from Type598 is calculated from the desired Cooling Fluid Outlet
Temperature (red line).

But when I feed this temperature control as input, the model does not work,
I receive the message 441 (see above).

If, on the other hand, I simulate the model without closing the hot water
circuit, the simulation works.

How can I fix this?

Best regards,

Valeria