[TRNSYS-users] Automated parametric analysis using an Excel VBA code

Amin HADDAD itshaddad1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 16:53:14 PST 2020

Hello,

I need to run an automated parametric analysis.

I am using type56a (Multi-zone building) and type34 (Overhang and wing wall
shading). Type34 is linked to type56 to define windows and overhang
dimensions.
The thing is that it is time-consuming to run over 80 simulations to
determine the best windows and overhangs dimensions manually, where each
time I have to change the parameters in type34 and open TRNBuild to change
windows dimensions so it corresponds to what is in type34.

Can you guys help me out automate this using Excel VBA code? I will be
grateful.

Kind regards
Amin HADDAD