[TRNSYS-users] Room Air Stratification

Giovanni Di Gennaro digennarogiovanni92 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 02:01:59 PST 2020

Dear All,

I am going to simulate an historical building, used as a museum,consisting
of 2 linked room, one taller than the other. The taller room has a fully
glazed roof and for this reason I want to study its air stratification, i
want to make 3 vertical airnodes. I've already read almost all the thread
about this topic but there are a few things not clear to me:1) how could i
model the taller room in order to break a thermal zone in more airnodes?
Should i draw on Google Sketchup several thermal zone, one above the other,
and then set  the floor/ceiling as virtual surface?
2) In case i'm going to proceed as i've described in the prevoius point,
will solar radiation pass through virtual surfaces to reach the lower
airnodes?3)I've read that there's the possibility to couple the airnodes
but i've got to link the lower airnode of the taller room with the adjacent
airnode of the shorter room and i also wanted to connect the upper airnode
of the taller room with an external node because there's a window over
there. Now it seems that i've got to link the upper and the lower airnodes
of the taller room too because the net must be one, but i've already
coupled them, what should i do?4) I read the updates about trnsys 17.1 and
i learned about the QSOLAIR. In the updates document it's said that
thefaçade isn't modeled explicitly, what does it means? Should i use the
following procedure " the convective gain QSOLAIR of the lower airnodes
have to subtracted from the lower nodes by defining negative gains and
added to the top airnode as positive gain" without a real glazing on the
top of the airnodes?Thanks a lot for your help,

Best regards,
Di Gennaro Giovanni.