[TRNSYS-users] Size pump mass flow in theoretical flat plate solar collector circuit

Erik Eriksson erikemileriksson at outlook.com
Sun Aug 16 09:42:20 PDT 2020

Hi!

I am simulating a large scale solar collector field. Now Im about to size the pump in the solar circuit. What is the correct approach? The inputs in the theoretical model does not consider pressure drops for example. Lets say if I have 500 collectors, can I assume that everyone is in parallell and multiply 500 with a nominal collector flow to get the pump size? Is that reasonable?

Best regards Erik