[TRNSYS-users] Problem with the external file

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Apr 14 17:32:52 PDT 2020

Alexander,

That error simply means that you haven't told the computer what to do
with a file with a .OUT extension. Change the file name to a .txt file
and it should open automatically in Notepad. If you change it to .xls
you might even get it to open automatically into Excel.

jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 04/14/2020 6:50 pm, Alexander Schneider via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS community,
>
> I have a problem in TRNSYS I can't solve. Everytime I try to print an external file (using type 46a) with the results. I recieve a message that Windows did not succeded to open the .out - file.
>
> You can find the discription of my ptoblem attached in this email.
>
> The Problem is, I want to get my results for the PMV in this external file but they do not change (for example when I define the period for the Simulation). I had a period in 168 hr and I changed to 30 hr in the settings, the Simulation runs normally (with 30 hr) but the external file does not change the period. What can I do? I hope someone can help me.
>
> Best regards
>
> Alexander Schneider

Links:
------