[TRNSYS-users] Help Type 155

MUGNINI ALICE a.mugnini at pm.univpm.it
Fri Apr 24 08:07:38 PDT 2020

Dear TRNSYS users,

I'm trying to link Matlab 2014 to Trnsys 17 with Type 155.

I have some doubts about the parameter 4 (callingMode). In the description it is reported that it describes the iterative behavior of the component:

- callingMode 0: Standard Iterative component (called at each call of each time step)
- callingMode 10: Real-time controller (called at the end of each time step, after integrators and printers).

What is not clear to me is:

1. What is meant by iterative behaviour?

2. Does callingMode 0 call Matlab at the beginning of the timestep, and the outputs of Matlab are used as inputs of the current TRNSYS timestep?

3. What is meant by calls in the timestep? Can I set a certain number of calls in the timestep?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,

Alice Mugnini