[TRNSYS-users] pump rated power

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Sat Oct 19 10:39:45 PDT 2019

Emre,

You calculate the rated power in exactly the same way you’d calculate the power for any pump or fan in any application.

Power = Flow Rate x Pressure Drop / Pump Efficiency

You’ll have to estimate the pressure drop from the pipe length, diameter, pipe type, number of valves, bends etc.  A simple internet search will give you dozens of articles on sizing pumps...

If the pump power isn’t a critical factor you can also use a rule of thumb like Power = 15 Watts/gpm

Jeff - TESS