[TRNSYS-users] Overal heat tranfer coefficient

Emre Arpaci emrearpaci10 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:46:14 PST 2019

Hi trnsys users
I have a problem to verify the "Overall heat transfer coefficient of
exchanger" of type 5b. I m using type 5b in a lake and ıt is connecting
with a heat pump.( ı will use ıt for counter flow)

I know this formula from heat transfer lecture but for my situation I dont
know what is the value of Q and Area to calculate U  ( overall heat
transfer coefficient)
q = UA (dTlm)

I m pumping to heat exchanger 1590 kg/hr water at 4 Degree of temperature.
So for this what will be the my overall heat transfer coefficient in type 5b

thanks